League Playing Rules- All Levels
- 6:00 Doubleheaders
- The host team is responsible for providing NAFA/ASA trained umpires.
- Doubleheader games are 7 innings or 65 minutes
- All games must be a minimum of 3 innings, 2 ½ if the home team is ahead. 1 or 2 inning games will not count toward seeding.
- Home team is considered the local team for the first game / second game is the traveling team. Each team is required to provide one new and one used game ball per double header.
- Host team coach/manager is responsible for entering their scores to the Tri County web site within 24 hours of completing the game.
- Tie-breaker rules are used starting the 8th inning with the last batter on 2nd, no new inning can start after 65 minutes, and league games can end with a tie. These are doubleheader games and it is the responsibility of the umpire to keep the games going in order to complete both games.
- 15 runs after 3 innings
- Teams are required to make up games before the on-line seed meeting.
- On deck batters will be placed to the back of the batter for safety purposes.
- Steel cleats to be allowed at 14U, 16U and 18U
- No Jewelry, see rule book, Section 3.8, page 35 for exceptions
- In League play all teams bat the roster.
- 2. For League Tournament and State Tournament All 10U & 12U (except at Tier 1 State) 14U, 16U, and 18U at B and C levels bat the roster.
- 3. For League Tournament and State Tournament, 12U Tier 1, 14U 16U & 18U at A, levels bat 9 (DP/Flex). If an age group is combined with an A group then bat 9 (DP/Flex).
- All levels of 10U follow the same rules as the older age groups with the following exceptions:
- Teams are limited to 5 runs per half inning. The last batter to bat, if they were not out or were not a part of the 5th run, i.e. got a hit or walked then they will be first up to bat the following inning.
- Use an 11” ball.
- All 10U will play one doubleheader, 65 minute games on Thursday night until school is out. Tuesday and Thursday night doubleheaders will begin after the school year has ended.
- 10U 35”
- 12U 40’
- 14U, 16U and 18U 43’
• A team must contact their opponent by 4:00 PM on game day if they are not able to play. Failure to do so results in a "Forfeit due to no show." This will be recorded as a 7-0 win. Any team forfeiting three league night games will be ineligible to play in the league qualifier tournament.
**For a complete list of league and tournament rules please go to www.tricountyleaguemn.com